Its Amazon Prime Day!! I know it cane be overwhelming to look through all of the deals being offered over the 2 day period so we tried to find items our clients use and love or we have used ourselves. Whether you’re getting a jump start on the holidays, or you’ve been eyeing an item to make your life as a caregiver easier, Prime Day is a great time to shop! Let us know if you see a deal we need to add to our list!
1. Wireless TV Headphones– Is the tv always blaring in the background? These headphones are the answer! We have a few clients who use these and they love having the sound right in their ears, without disrupting the rest of the family. They are easy to use and wireless which makes them super convenient.
2. Digital Clock, Raynic 11.5″ Large LED Word Display Dimmable Digital Wall Clock, Adjustable Brightness Digital Alarm Clock with Day and Date, Indoor Temperature. My clients love having a large digital clock in their home that shows the weather, date, time, etc. to keep them oriented everyday.
3. Portable ramp– I can’t tell you how many times I have seen an accident as a result of not having a wheelchair ramp at the home. This ramp is portable and folds up after use so you can easily position it to help transfer your loved one without putting a permanent ramp in.
4. Panasonic HomeHawk FLOOR Home Monitoring HD Camera for Senior Care- Check on your loved one with live video stream and motion alerts straight to your cell phone. This camera has 2 way talk, Alexa capability and motion detection. Its a great way to have peace of mind when your loved one is still living independently but you worry about them. I also have client who use the Arlo camera system and really like them.
5. Planetwalk Premium Rollator Walker – Foldable Rolling Walkers with Seat & Bag – Many of my clients use rollators and we even keep an extra one in the trunk for my grandmother. This is a good one, with a seat and bag for storage.
6. Classic Western Roundup DVD– Most all of my clients love watching movies they grew up with, especially old westerns. This DVD includes 4 movies in one.
7. Nixplay Seed Wave 13.3 Inch WiFi Digital Picture Frame with Bluetooth Speakers- We bought this digital frame for all the grandparents a few years ago and the love it! I can add pictures straight from my phone with just a click of a button and it goes straight to their personal frame. Its a great way for them to stay engaged with their grandkids and see their day to day lives. There is another option for the FeelCare Digital Frame that looks really similar and is a cheaper option.
8. Echo Show 8 – HD smart display with Alexa – stay connected with video calling- This little devise is great for video calls, listening to music or audiobooks, watch movies, or manage other smart devices in your home, all with voice commands. There are tons of prime deals for the different types of Echo devices so check them out!
9. Echo Dot Smart Speaker with Alexa- This is a cheap and easy way to automate your loved ones home. You can easily set the Echo Dot up to turn off your lamp, play music, or even call your daughter. We have a few of these little guys spread through our own home and love the convenience.
10. Morning, Noon, and Night 7 day pill organizer– There are a ton of different pill organizers on the market so it really just depends on your needs and the needs of your senior loved one. I like this specific one because it has a morning, noon, and night option, but there are also options for 2 times a day or even monthly planners. Find what works for you, but I recommend for anyone taking more than 1-2 medications a day, to have them organized in a pill organizer.